Louisville Slugger baseball bats are one of the most recognizable names in this great sport.
The name and logo are so familiar that even non baseball fans know what it is.
I remember the days as a kid when the only wood bats I had ever seen were Louisville Sluggers. The first professional baseball bat I ever owned was a Slugger. I still have it today.
Even my dads wood softball bats in the 1980’s were this brand. Blue ones, red, natural…it doesn’t matter. They make them all!
The company has a 120-year history going all the way back to the 1880’s in Kentucky. In 1894, Bud Hillerich took over his father’s company and he registered the name “Louisville Slugger” with the U.S. Patent Office.
Guess who used these bats early on? Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb and Lou Gehrig all hit with them. Wow!
They aren’t all bats though. They make some really good baseball gloves as well including the famous TPX brand.
Okay, here are the Louisville Slugger bat reviews. Near the bottom of this page you’ll see all the current best one’s made today.
Best Price On The Most Popular Model
Find The Best Deal On This Omaha 517 BBCOR Bat
2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat Features
You Have To See It To Believe It!
The drop 3 Omaha 517 BBCOR baseball bat is the most popular bat they make. Look below for other models but for now check out the 2017 Omaha.
This product comes with a ton of advantages and can be delivered to your door with free shipping. If you have Amazon Prime then you can get it in two days!
Let me give you this one warning. Be careful because once your teammates see you rip the ball every at-bat they’re going to want to use it.
- -3 Length to weight ratio which meets all college and high school BBCOR standards. It’s right on the label so you can have the confidence needed.
- Flex Band Technology. All this term really means is that they created the walls of the bat to be a little thinner thus making the sweet spot as large as they could make it.
- Largest allowed 2 5/8 inch barrel. The more barrel the better!
- 31/32-inch tapered handle.
- The ever popular Lizard Skins bat grip. I’ve held and used bats with this particular grip and it really is top of the line quality.
- Louisville Slugger Prime end cap. End caps aren’t supposed to be exciting but this one looks pretty cool.
- One-Piece, Alloy Construction. I personally prefer one-piece bats. They just seem to be a little more seamless versus two-piece bats.
- Comes in lengths between 29-34 inches. The most popular is the 32 inch bat.
Check Out This 2017 Omaha 517 Promo Video
See The Promo Video For This Popular Series Of Bats
I really like the hashtag they use in the video…OwnThePlate
Pros, Cons and Consumer Feedback
There are great reviews for the 2016 Omaha 516 BBCOR bat on Amazon.
There are just a handful of them but they are very powerful and convincing by giving it five out of five stars for each of them.
You can read each and every customer review here.
Here’s a summary of what users had to say about the best model:
- Better than any other bat I’ve ever used.
- Surprisingly great for contact hitters.
- Great feel and low vibration.
- Well balanced.
Most of the comments were really positive. The only negative one mentioned that the paint chipped a little around where the ball is hit.
Other Great Choices For 2019
These are some of the best to choose from
Here are some other great models for you to choose from. These are updated and current to show the most popular.
I really like the new 2019 models including the 516 and Meta Prime BBCOR certified bats and you can never go wrong with a sweet wood bat.
The Meta Prime bat is actually a little bit more popular than the Solo and has more sizes available.
There is something here for everyone whether you need a BBCOR bat, Senior League bat or a Little League bat.
Don’t forget to click on the pictures to take you to the product page with further details and pictures.
The most important thing you should click on are the Louisville Slugger baseball bat reviews which you can find at the top of the page.
Final Thoughts Based on These Louisville Slugger Baseball Bat Reviews
The 2019 models are sweet and up to date with today’s technology.
However, you can still snag a 2018 or 2017 version for super cheap. The choice is yours.
The Meta Prime BBCOR bat is very popular just like the 517 model I reviewed on this page.
Have you ever used a Slugger before? Which one is your favorite?