The MacGregor Batting Tee is designed to help improve your hitting, and from the design alone the product definitely has an impressive look.
But how does it hold up when compared to other baseball training aids that are out in the market today? Is it worth the purchase, or buying at all?
Let’s examine this batting tee up close.
Features of the MacGregor Batting Tee
This baseball batting tee has a number of interesting features, but the most notable aspect is its simple but effective design, allowing it to be used for baseball, softball and T-ball, and many of the components are made of rubber, but very durable rubber.
The base however, is constructed from solid metal that gives the unit extra weight and balance. Combined, they give the tee durability and balance, which is hard to come by in other tees.
The hitting height is adjustable, which is really nice because it allows different players to use the tee, and at 13 lbs. isn’t that heavy.
The tee is easy enough to put together, and the frame, as per reviews, looks more than capable of withstanding heavy hitting.
Good Batting Tee For Players and Coaches?
One of the things you’ll immediately notice with the design is that it will benefit players and coaches.
For players, the tee helps with swing development during batting practice and also when you’re practicing on your own.
The device also allows you to focus on pivoting your back foot, weight transfer and getting your stance and swing just right. Because of the way the tee is designed, it will work regardless of the strike zone.
For coaches, the tee gives them an additional means for controlling drills, maximizing and customizing practices. Whether its outfield high fly balls, infield pop ups, grounders or line drives, the tee can help.
There are a few more things that need to be said about the design: the tee is constructed of rubber, and it doesn’t have any components that will break.
The metal component within the bottom of the tee is intended to give the unit stability, durability and strength, and it does all three very well.
That component of the tee comes with a bolt that you use to link up to the home plate base. It’s deliberately heavy to keep the tee from tipping if your hits aren’t square on target.
It’s also thick enough to keep the tee from splitting, which is one of the most common complaints with these products. That issue has been addressed here and judging from customer reviews, has been handled very well.
Video: The MacGregor Batting Tee – A Solid, Great Quality Tee
Ease of Use
The reason why this keeps coming up in the best batting tee discussion is the way it helps improve your hitting.
The unit doesn’t just look solid but feels solid as well, and because it’s got an all-weather design you can use it pretty much anywhere, anytime, something that other batting tees cannot match.
Adjusting the height from 22 inches to 47 inches is easy enough to do, and the design makes it ideal for developing a solid foundation for batting and fielding.
The rubber components were advertised as being durable, and it definitely lives up to that because even when it’s used repeatedly the tee holds up fine.
Especially noteworthy is the metal base because it holds the base in position even when you’re swinging hard, and this point cannot be emphasized enough since a lot of other batting tees just end up getting snapped under heavy pressure.
Unlike similar products sold today, the MacGregor tee is suitable for both metal and wood bats.
There are many reasons why this is considered one of the best batting tee for baseball today:
- Made of durable materials
- Can be used in all kinds of weather
- Suitable for players of different ages
- The hitting height is adjustable
- Has received many positive reviews
As good as this batting tee is, it isn’t perfect and has a couple of issues:
- It doesn’t come with any instructions, although the unit is very easy to assemble
- The height adjustment range is from 20 to 40 inches only
What Customers Say
MacGregor baseball batting tee reviews have been mostly positive with buyers remarking how effective and portable it is.
Jason of Chicago:
- I love this tee. It’s easy to carry, assembly isn’t a problem and it’s portable too. I’m very happy with it.
Donald of Cleveland:
- Since I started using this tee I’ve been able to hit balls harder and more accurately. At first I thought this was just for Little League but it’s also good enough for major hitting. I highly recommend it.
Adrian of Oakland:
- I decided to give this a try after my previous tee broke down after just a few at-bats. I’ve been using this for several weeks now and I can tell you this is built to last.
Jonah of Delaware:
- I was skeptical at first because some parts are made of rubber, but I decided to give this a try anyway because of the positive reviews, and I’m glad I made the purchase. It’s very durable and I’ve even used it during very hot days and the tee is still holding up.
Antoine of Dallas:
- I spent a lot of time researching tees online before I settled on this one. The package arrived on time and putting it together took only just a few minutes. Once everything was in place, I was able to appreciate the design and features, and even more so when I started using it. A very good tee and well designed.
These are among the many reviews that have appeared online, and as you can see most of them are very positive.
Based on the reviews, there’s a general consensus that the tee does improve many aspects of your game.
Conclusion on This MacGregor Batting Tee
The MacGregor Batting Tee is a well-designed apparatus that does exactly what it should, and based on the reviews and testimonials it does help players improve their swing.
It’s also built of solid materials so expect this to last for a while, making the MacGregor a worthy investment.