|2017 DeMarini CF Zen BBCOR||2017 Combat Maxum BBCOR||2017 Mizuno Maxcor BBCOR||2017 Rawlings Quatro BBCOR||2017 Easton Mako Beast||2017 DeMarini CF Insane||2017 Louisville Slugger 917||2017 Rawlings Velo BBCOR||2017 Marucci Cat 7 BBCOR||2017 Easton Z-Core Hybrid|
|Rating||14 out of 15 stars||14 out of 15 stars||14 out of 15 stars||13 out of 15 stars||13 out of 15 stars||13 out of 15 stars||13 out of 15 stars||14 out of 15 stars||13 out of 15 stars||13 out of 15 stars|
|BBCOR Certified||-3 Length to Weight Ratio||-3 Length to Weight Ratio||-3 Length to Weight Ratio||-3 Length to Weight Ratio||-3 Length to Weight Ratio||-3 Length to Weight Ratio||-3 Length to Weight Ratio||-3 Length to Weight Ratio||-3 Length to Weight Ratio||-3 Length to Weight Ratio|
|Barrel Diameter||2 5/8 Inch||2 5/8 Inch||2 5/8 Inch||2 5/8 Inch||2 5/8 Inch||2 5/8 Inch||2 5/8 Inch||2 5/8 Inch||2 5/8 Inch||2 5/8 Inch|
|Materials Used||Two-Piece Fully Composite||One-Piece Fully Composite||Two-Piece Hybrid||Three-Piece Fully Composite||Two-Piece Composite||Two-Piece Fully Composite||Three-Piece Fully Composite||One-Piece Alloy||One-Piece Alloy||Two-Piece Hybrid|
|Grip||Synthetic Leather Grip||Lizard Skins Grip||Synthetic Leather Grip||Synthetic Leather Grip||HYPERSKIN Performance Grip||Synthetic Leather Grip||Lizard Skins Grip||Synthetic Leather Grip||Synthetic Leather Grip||HYPERSKIN Performance Grip|
|Pop||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆|
|Vibration||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆|
|Durability||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ★||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Warranty||12 Months||500 Days||12 Months||12 Months||12 Months||12 Months||12 Months||12 Months||12 Months||12 Months|
So you’re in need of the best BBCOR bats? You’re not alone.
After all, it’s estimated that 455,300 baseball players play for their high school team and the National Federation of State High School Associations require proper BBCOR bats.
The same thing goes for the 25,700 college players with the required BBCOR bats certified by the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
That’s not even mentioning the other players of various other leagues which just prefer to have their players use BBCOR baseball bats too.
But which are the top BBCOR bats to choose from? That can be a very difficult choice to make, with so many options available.
So with our list of the top ten BBCOR bats, at least you can keep your options at a more manageable level.
- 1. 2017 DeMarini CF Zen BBCOR
- 2. 2017 Combat Maxum BBCOR
- 3. 2017 Mizuno MaxCor BBCOR
- 4. 2017 Rawlings Quatro BBCOR
- 5. 2017 Easton Mako Beast BBCOR
- 6. 2017 DeMarini CF Insane End Load BBCOR
- 7. 2017 Louisville Slugger Prime 917 BBCOR
- 8. 2017 Rawlings Velo BBCOR
- 9. 2017 Marucci Cat 7 Connect BBCOR
- 10. 2017 Easton Z-Core Hybrid BBCOR
- Final Thoughts on the Best BBCOR Bats For 2017
1. 2017 DeMarini CF Zen BBCOR
It’s a bit on the expensive side, but it’s one of the hottest BBCOR bats selling in online stores right now.
In fact, some sizes are selling out in some of these stores, so you may need to exert a bit more effort in finding the 2017 DeMarini CF Zen BBCOR in the right size for your kid.
But for many, it really is worth the effort.
- The new Paraflex composite material they use is so strong that DeMarini can use less of it for the bat to make it lighter—and therefore it’s also easier to control.
- With the control you have over your bat, you can react more swiftly to zippy fastballs. And you can track the nasty curveballs and sliders to put the bat right where you want it.
- You also may find that imperfect contact with the ball doesn’t end up as automatic outs.
- The massive sweet spot is excellent, as it gives you a bigger spot where contact doesn’t cause stinging in your hands.
- The structure of the bat is solid, with the perfect balance made possible by the design of the knob and the end cap.
- The D-Fusion 2.0 Handle offers the best of both worlds when it comes to hitting without pain and slugging with power. The stiffness of the bat gives it its oomph. The dampener keeps the vibration caused by the ball contact from stinging your hands.
All these factors make for an excellent BBCOR bat any player—especially contact hitters—will be proud to wield for their team.
2. 2017 Combat Maxum BBCOR
These bat makers usually come from either the US or Japan, where they have the technology to match their passion for baseball.
Yet the 2017 Combat Maxum BBCOR comes from Canada, and yet it stands above most of the bats in the BBCOR category.
- It’s a solid 1-piece bat, but the balance is astonishing fine. Getting the balance right is the reason why most makers use 2-piece construction. You only need to fix one section to get the balance right.
- It’s also very light overall. Add the balance with the low weight and you have a bat that you can control absolutely.
- The hitting surface area is much bigger, since the 2 5/8-inch diameter starts right near the handle instead of just limited to the top end. That means more chances of making contact with the ball, and more chances of getting a hit.
- It’s also very durable. The problem with 1-piece bats is that they’re not all that durable at all, compared to their 2-piece counterparts. But this 1-piece bat comes with even a longer warranty than the standard 1-year warranty for 2-piece BBCOR bats.
- It uses the Lizard Skin Grip. That’s offers superb feel and comfort.
Choose this Combat if you value control over everything. The absolute control you have over your bat will definitely improve your hitting stats big time.
3. 2017 Mizuno MaxCor BBCOR
There have been several Mizuno MaxCor BBCOR bats, but this latest 2017 is the ultimate best.
Last year’s version was well received and this year’s version won’t disappoint!
- The new viscoelastic polyurethane sleeve gives you a 33% bigger sweet spot than previous versions of this bat.
- Under the sleeve, the aerospace-grade aluminum alloy core comes with variable wall thickness. It’s very robust, so it offers strength while the weight is kept low.
- The soft bat material increases the contact surface area when you hit the ball, so you impart more force to the ball. That means balls fly farther and faster.
- The bat is even designed to put a backspin to the baseball when it makes contact. This also with the speed of the ball and the distance it travels.
- The dynamic dampener keeps the vibrations from the contact from stinging your hands.
- The balanced swing weight offers excellent control over your bat. It doesn’t feel awkward, especially for smaller players who can’t handle the bats that are heavier at the top end.
- The grip has been much improved with the new synthetic leather, so you now get an even more secure grip.
It offers a lot of zing upon contact. Even when you don’t hit the ball solidly, the ball still pops out with a lot of life.
Your hands are protected too. With the bonus of that inimitable sound of a wood bat upon contact, it’s fantastic.
4. 2017 Rawlings Quatro BBCOR
Just one look at it makes you want to use it, like a Jedi master of baseball.
The name “Quatro” refers to its 4 fine attributes:
- The flex of the bat offers a lot of pop brought on by the excellent trampoline effect. Balls fly greater distances, while grounders bounce with more zing than ever before. This is the kind of pop that turns safe fly balls into home runs, and which turns weak grounders into getting past the infielders.
- The distance the balls cover after contact is amazing. Even when you’re just a contact hitter, you may not have to run too quickly to get infield hits. You don’t have to hit the ball solidly to get the ball to lob safely over the infielders where the outfielders can’t reach it quickly.
- The balance is also impeccable. It’s built primarily for contact hitters instead of power hitters, since the load of the weight isn’t concentrated at the top end. Instead, the weight is distributed evenly all along the length. That gives you fine control over the bat. The bat goes where you want it to go, and it swings fast. You can catch up with fastballs, and you can change the direction of the bat swing to account for the change in direction of curveballs.
- The performance of the bat is magnificent. You’re basically going to improve your hitting stats when you change from an inferior bat to this one. The comfort level of the grip is fine as well.
The 2017 Rawlings Quatro BBCOR is a good-looking bat with the appearance of a light saber. But its performance is just a lethal.
2017 Rawlings Quatro BBCOR Promo Video
5. 2017 Easton Mako Beast BBCOR
It sets up expectations too high, and invariably you’ll be disappointed. But then again, so many players have attested to just how monstrous a performance you get from this beastly bat.
- The barrel is just a bit longer than usual. In fact, it’s the longest 2-piece composite barrel in the industry. We don’t have to tell you what that means to a hitter. It means that you won’t have to lunch across the plate looking to hit outside pitches. And the length gives you more power when you swing.
- The power also comes from the lighter swing weight. This means that the bat can travel at a faster velocity when it makes contact, giving you a lot more oomph to your hit. Also, this lighter swing weight means you have more time to track the ball before you start your swing. This will increase the probability of making contact.
- The 2-piece ConneXion technology optimizes the bat’s trampoline effect. It transfers the energy from the bat back to the ball.
- It even uses a superior grip with the Hyperskin grip. This is the fantastic grip that originated in the motorbike industry. So you can imagine just how grippy and yet comfy it can be.
This Mako does look different from earlier versions, because it doesn’t have the old neon colors that attracted everyone’s eye.
Now it comes with a more subtle look. But its performance is far from subtle—it really is a beast that will attract everyone’s attention.
Why? Because it’s one of the best BBCOR bats for 2017.
6. 2017 DeMarini CF Insane End Load BBCOR
Now it may sound insane to some diehard DeMarini fans that the brand has finally come out with an end-loaded bat. DeMarini has always concentrated on balanced bats for years.
But what’s really insane here is the crazy improvement in your hitting you’ll get, when you’re a power hitter armed with this bat.
- It’s still a DeMarini bat in some ways when you feel the balance. While it is end-loaded, there’s not too much weight at the end. That means you still have some measure of control over your bat. You don’t just blindly swing and trust to luck where it will go. It can go where you actually direct it. That means more chances of making contact too.
- The Paraflex composite material used for the bat is quite a game changer. It’s very strong, and that means you get a lighter overall bat weight for the same amount of strength. The previous CF8 is still one of the best bats you can get today. But the material in the CF Insane is 22% stronger.
- Why change something that’s already among the best? That was the attitude for the D-Fusion 2.0 Handle, which once again makes its appearance in the CF line. It offers protection for your hands when the ball makes contact with the bat outside the sweet spot area.
- The balance is also preserved with the nice Low Pro End Cap and the RCK knob. These are the features that provide you with better control over the bat even when it is definitely end-loaded.
This 2017 DeMarini CF Insane End Load BBCOR offers game-changing performance right out of the box, and its strength will ensure that it will last you for quite a long while.
With this bat, balls go farther and faster, and your hands won’t have to suffer from mishits.
The 2017 DeMarini CF Series Video
7. 2017 Louisville Slugger Prime 917 BBCOR
Who doesn’t want a 2-piece composite bat that offers lots of control, a fast swing, a huge barrel, and a great feel?
If you’re looking for a BBCOR bat, then you’ll really want to take a look at this Louisville Slugger.
- For the upcoming baseball season, the bat showcases a brand new composite material called MicroForm Composite. This is the composite material gracing all the high end Louisville Slugger bats.
- It comes with the patented Fused Carbon Structure that creates a huge sweet spot for you. You can reduce the chances of getting vibrations from the contact down through the bat and into your hands.
- The bigger sweet spot also helps you get a lot more pop into your swing. Just get the ball with the sweet spot, and the ball will go with a lot more zing.
- The fast swing is sweet too. The greater speed imparts more force on impact, so the balls go greater distances and with greater speed. You won’t have to be too late when you’re faced with fastballs. For slower curveballs, you have more time to track its trajectory, so you can swing at the right spot.
- There’s also a connecting piece between the handle and the barrel. Called the dynamic socket connection, it’s designed to reduce the vibrations that reach your hands. It also makes the bat more durable, and you get a nicer feel on contact.
- Again you have the premiere Lizard Skin grip. This will give you the tacky feel for a secure hold on the bat, while you can also grasp the handle comfortably.
Sure, the even balance is great for contact hitters, since it’s easy to control.
But the size of the barrel and fast swing means that power hitters can appreciate the force the 2017 Louisville Slugger Prime 917 BBCOR can generate.
8. 2017 Rawlings Velo BBCOR
Nowadays, pitchers have the ability to dominate. They have the lightning-quick fastballs that can just zoom by, along with wicked curveballs and changeups that are harder to track.
But now with the 2017 Rawlings Velo BBCOR, you can match up with any pitcher admirably.
- The key to this bat is its amazing swing speed. This is the result of its light weight and even balance. This swing speed gives you that ability to keep up with any sort of pitch you may face. Do you recognize a fastball? Your swing can keep up with it? Is it a curveball? Then your fast swing gives you a bit more to predict its movement more accurately.
- It’s not all about just making contact either. It’s simple physics too. The faster you swing, the more force you can exert upon contact. With greater force upon contact, the ball goes faster between the infielders and the ball flies farther beyond the outfielders. So with a faster swing, you get a lot more zing.
- The sweet spot is larger too. This is the area of the bat that gives you a solid contact with the ball, so you can really hit it with force. At the same time, the bigger sweet spot also protects your hands from the vibrations you get from mishits. That’s because you don’t get as many mishits as before.
The best BBCOR bats are usually used by teens and young adults, and for that particular demographic you can’t downplay the need for a cool look for a bat. This one looks definitely cool though, like it’s a racing car ready to pounce.
But it’s certainly not all looks and no game.
With the 2017 Rawlings Velo BBCOR, what’s “under the hood” is a marvel.
9. 2017 Marucci Cat 7 Connect BBCOR
Usually, when a brand has a flagship bat model for the year, it’s just a little bit better next year.
That’s not what happened with the 2017 Marucci Cat 7 Connect BBCOR. Last year’s Cat 6 was terrific. But the Cat 7 isn’t just better—it’s a lot better.
- The Cat 7 uses a brand new alloy, and this one is even much stronger than the material found on the previous Cat 6.
- You know how many brands say they’ve increased a bat’s sweet spot area? They usually say that it’s 20 or even 30% bigger. But here’s the rub for the Cat 7—it’s twice as big as before! That translates to being 100% bigger than its predecessor.
- Though it’s a 2-piece bat, it comes with the “ring-free” technology that eliminates dead spots in the bat. So the ball will always pop out no matter which spot of the bat is used to make contact with the ball.
- There’s also the new SDX technology that eliminates a lot of the vibrations you get from mishits. So don’t worry if you make contact outside the now twice-bigger sweet spot. In the off-chance that happens, your hands won’t be stung by your mistakes. This SDX tech dissipates a lot of the vibrations, while the wrapping around the handle isolates the vibrations.
- Even the grip is superb. It comes with micro-perforations (tiny holes) for a much secure grip, while it’s still soft and comfy to the touch.
This is designed for power hitters who can handle the heavier swing weight.
10. 2017 Easton Z-Core Hybrid BBCOR
In college baseball, more players use the Z-core line of bats than any other brand. But that’s not just because it’s comparatively affordable.
It’s because even when you don’t factor in the price, the performance is great. That’s why this is one of the best BBCOR bats and lands in the top ten.
- The 2017 Easton Z-Core Hybrid BBCOR gives you the latest HMX Hyperlite Matrix Alloy, so you have the best Easton materials for your bat.
- The sweet spot is huge, and that offers lot of benefits. You get more chances of getting a solid hit, while you reduce your chances of having vibrations sting your hands.
- It’s very long too, and it’s actually the longest barrel among aluminum bats. You’re able to reach the pitches on the outside more comfortably.
- The balance comes with a slight end load for power hitters. But the balance still gives you a lot of control over the direction of the bat. So you can get more contact, while the end load gives you a lot of power. It’s a great combination of power and control.
- The handle also dissipates the vibrations.
- The Hyperskin grip is topnotch. It’s very secure, even if you don’t wear batting gloves and your hands sweat a lot.
Final Thoughts on the Best BBCOR Bats For 2017
Of course, the baseball season may have just ended for your team.
Maybe you’re enjoying the World Series between the Cubs and the Indians.
But now is the time to get a new bat, so you can practice with it and get used to its size and weight.
Still haven’t decided? Go back up and scroll through the top 10 best BBCOR bats 2017 has to offer.
When the 2017 baseball season arrives, you’ll be ready with the meanest bat you can get.
Each and every bat here is terrific—you just need to practice, and you will undoubtedly improve your hitting. Batter Up!