Youth baseball games are designed to safely introduce kids to baseball. They involve nice youth big barrel baseball bats that offer great hitting results.
While the rules for baseball bats in youth leagues aren’t as stringent as those for high school and college baseball, there are still some rules that govern big barrel baseball bats.
To be sure, you should consult your league officials regarding allowable bats. In general, however, a big barrel bat must have a USSSA BPF 1.15 Certification stamp. These are the bats with diameters that measure either 2 5/8 or 2 3/4 inches.
That still gives you a wide range of options. To narrow down your choices, here are some of the best big barrel bats you should consider.
In a hurry?
==>> See the best deals on big barrel baseball bats here
Easton MAKO Beast Junior Big Barrel JBB17MK12B Baseball Bat
- Hitters will see and feel the power that comes from IMX Advanced Composite barrel, which optimizes the sweet spot for maximum performance on every swing. Bat Specifications Drop: -12 junior big barrel Barrel: 2 3/4" Handle: 29/32" Certified: USSSA 1.15 BPF, AABC Swing Weight: Balanced Material: Composite Construction: Two-piece Warranty: One Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- An ultra-thin 29/32" composite handle with cushioned grip provides stability and feel on all types of contact.
- The MAKO Beast -12 has a Junior Big Barrel design that is recommended for use by ages 8 and under.
- If you're ready to Unleash the Beast, grab the MAKO Beast - the most powerful composite barrel Easton has ever made.
This comes with the largest allowable diameter at 2 3/4 inches, but it comes with a -12 length to weight ratio. Essentially, that means it’s very light.
This ratio means that the 25-inch bat only weighs 13 ounces while the 28-inch model weighs 16 ounces.
And because it is light, it provides excellent bat control.
The light weight allows the player to maintain bat speed while still being able to direct it on the proper location.
A heavy bat, on the other hand, means that the player will have greater difficulty in maintaining control and speed. This is especially true if they’re new to the game.
The bat is recommended for younger kids, especially for those who are younger than 8 years old. To accommodate their smaller hands, the handle is very thin and it measures just 29/32 of an inch.
The handle is outfitted with a cushioned grip to minimize the sting when the player makes contact outside the sweet spot.
The sweet spot is optimized as it uses IMX advanced composite material. The hitting surface is very responsive. The weight is distributed evenly.
Some parents say that their kids can get a lot of pop from the bat right out of the box. Others warn that there may be a need for breaking it in.
DeMarini CF Jr Big Barrel Baseball Bat
- Age group: 8 - 12
- Weight drop: -11
- Certification: USSSA
- Barrel material: composite
- Handle type: composite
This DeMarini big barrel bat also has lots of fans out there. There are many accounts online regarding players whose hitting have markedly improved once they got hold of this excellent bat.
This 2 3/4 inch bat offers a -11 length to weight ratio, starting from 28 inches and 18 ounces to 32 inches and 22 ounces.
So it’s got a little more heft to it. The player has some mass to drive in the ball to a greater distance.
It features the Paraflex composite which provides thinner walls yet with the same superb durability as the previous year’s model.
Compared to earlier models, the bat has a lighter swing weight and the balance point of the bat was brought just a bit closer to the knob. The knob is also shaped like a D with a nifty looking end cap.
Lots of players reported that they didn’t feel any vibrations or stinging. Even if they make contact with the end of the bat everything felt fine. The grip is excellent, and what’s more it’s a 2-piece hybrid design.
The barrel is made from aluminum alloy while you also get a C6 composite handle. But the price is lower and more at par with one-piece bats.
There’s also no need to break it in, as it offers hot performance right out of the wrapper. The swing is not so much lighter as it is more balanced.
Marucci Junior Cat 6 Big Barrel Baseball Bat
- One-piece alloy construction
- Professionally-inspired extended barrel profile
- Ring-free barrel technology
- Patented anti-vibration knob
- 1.15 BPF Approved
Some big barrel youth bats are designed not for durability and for toughness to reduce prices, and that’s because they’re supposed to be for coach pitch baseball games.
These are pitches that only go less than 55 mph, and often for coach pitch baseballs the speed only ranges from 25 to 35 mph.
If this is your situation, then this bat made by Marucci may be a great choice.
It’s a bit on the expensive side, as its price ranges from about $160 to $180.
That’s because it incorporates a lot of technical features that provide better performance (it’s still 1.15 BPF Approved) that can really help a young player enjoy the game immensely.
The barrel profile for this 2 3/4-inch bat has been extended. With the ring-free barrel technology, the bat gives the player a bigger sweet spot.
The soft touch grip is micro perforated for a better feel and an enhanced grip. The special knob features patented anti-vibration technology, which virtually eliminates vibration while it also boost the balance.
The shape of the knob also improves the control and the balance.
It’s a one-piece alloy construction for a more traditional feel. The length to weight ratio is -10. There’s no need to break it in.
The Next Two Best Youth Big Barrel Baseball Bats
There really are several really sweet youth big barrel baseball bats but this is a top five list so I’m only going to give you two more.
I currently like a couple of Easton baseball bats. They are both very affordable but possess quality to them as well. I’m not going to lie.
They aren’t as highly rated as the other three above but they will get the job done and perform adequately.
- 7046 Aircraft Alloy for an ultra fast swing speed
- 2 5/8 Inch Barrel Diameter
- -11 Weight Differential
- Ultra-thin handle with cushioned grip
- Recommended for use by ages 8 and under
- Az4x alloy construction provides increased strength and a higher response rate. One-piece alloy construction provides a clean, consistent, traditional feel
- More responsive, optimized barrel design creates a sweet spot twice as large as the Cat6
- 2nd generation Av2 anti-vibration knob features an upgraded, finely tuned harmonic dampening System for better feel and less negative vibrational feedback
- Engineered barrel-end wall thickness profiles improves balance and allows for faster swing speeds
- 2 3/4 inch barrel diameter, USSSA 1.15 bpf Certified
Final Note on These Big Barrel Youth Bats
It’s not always easy to find the best youth big barrel baseball bats for very young players, especially when you buy online. That’s why it’s very much recommended that you have your kid try out lots of different bats during practice to see which ones fit the best.
Once you know which bat your kid feels most comfortable with, you can then go online to buy them at a discount.
It’s also very tempting to buy youth big barrel baseball bats since a child at this young age will quickly outgrow a bat. But you should get the best you can afford.
Last update on %last_update% / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API