Why does it seem like everyone’s hankering for Victus bats these days?
In fact, the demand seems so great that industry leader Marucci acquired Victus sports and now owns the whole Victus bat lineup.
This is great for Marucci because this acquisition increases Marucci’s dominance in the wood bat industry.
The latest reports reveal that Marucci already garnered about a 60% share of the wood bat industry sales in 2016.
Victus accounts for another 10% of the market share, which solidifies Marucci’s place among bat makers.
Why is this good for you if you’re a baseball player looking for a wood bat?
After all, this does seem like a simple business deal that adds more profits to the coffers of both companies.
But there’s more to it than just dollars and cents.
Before we get into the company more though let’s show you exactly what I think are the five best Victus bats you must consider for your baseball bat arsenal.
If you’re in a hurry…
Let’s take a look at some of these bats. They all tend to have the same price, though you may find sellers that offer discounts online.
But then you shouldn’t buy a Victus bat based on which is the most affordable or which is the most expensive.
You buy one according to what suits you best.
Victus Bats Pro Reserve V243 Maple: VRWMV243
This is available in 3 sizes from 31 to 33 inches. It has a -3 drop ratio, so the weight ranges from 28 to 30 ounces. This time you have the gray and maroon color combo.
- Again, you have lots of size options to choose from.
- This is designed for experienced heavy hitters, as it has a slightly end-loaded swing weight for greater force.
- It also comes with a large barrel that can really pack a wallop. However, it’s not too large at 2.5 inches in diameter.
- The thin handle is again in line with this bat being designed for power hitters who tend to just like thin handles.
- Then traditional knob feels familiar for those who have long experience with metal bats.
- You get great pop because of the high quality maple wood used for the bat.
- The bat surface is hard due to the wood compression brought on by the ProPACT finish.
- It comes with a 45-day warranty period.
Keep in mind that thin handles are the easiest to break!
Victus Pro Reserve V110 Maple Wood Baseball Bat: VRWMV110
This one is only available in 34 inches. With the -3 drop, that means the weight is 31 ounces. Its colors are much lighter, with gray and the natural color combination.
- This comes with a balanced swing weight, so controlling it as you take your swing isn’t as difficult. This weight distribution is helped along by the cupped end.
- It comes with the popular medium barrel and medium handle, so it should feel familiar to you if you’ve been playing baseball for a while.
- It also comes with a long taper. Taking the design and balanced swing weight as a whole, this is a great bat for you if you’re a contact hitter who is constantly trying to hit the ball towards the gaps.
- It’s made of premium quality maple that offers a lot of pop due to the bat’s pro quality.
- The hitting surface of the bat is extremely hard because of the ProPACT finish that really compresses the wood. Its durability meets MLB standards.
- It even meets the MLB standards concerning the straightness of the slope of grain.
- This uses the traditional small knob, which is often found in metal bats. So it should feel a bit familiar, especially if you’re new to wood bats.
- The 45-day warranty still applies.
- Every time you make contact it feels like a solid hit, so it’s sometimes surprising to find that you’ve actually hit a bad ground ball.
- It’s only available at 34 inches.
Victus Pro Reserve JC24 Maple Wood Baseball Bat: VRWMJC24
These Victus wood bats come with a -3 length to weight ratio, and they’re available in either 33 or 34 inches.
- It comes with a slightly flared knob, and that’s a common design that should feel familiar to most players.
- The swing weight is very balanced, which makes it much easier to control when you take a swing. The cupped end helps with the weight distribution.
- The medium handle offers a nice balance between flexibility and durability.
- The barrel is medium as well, and again this should feel familiar as it’s the most popular among adults.
- The hard gloss maple wood construction is of professional quality, and it really has a lot of pop.
- It comes with a ProPACT Finish that hardens the surface exceptionally well, and this makes it more durable.
- It’s a great bat if you’re just now transitioning from a metal bat to a wood bat.
- It has even been certified to prove the straightness of the grain that meets MLB approval.
- The warranty for it is 45 days, and that’s a long time for baseball wood bats.
It does seem a bit too “pretty” with its black and gray colors, and a small part of you hates getting it all dirty when you use to play.
Victus Pro Reserve BS23 Maple Wood Baseball Bat: VRWMBS23
Now this is available in 3 sizes ranging from 32 to 34 inches.
With the -3 drop, that means the weight ranges from 29 to 31 ounces.
- At least now you have several sizes to choose from.
- The colors are cool with the maroon and black combo. It also comes with the certification regarding the slope of grain straightness.
- This has a slightly end-loaded swing weight, so it offers a lot more force when you take a swing.
- The knob is slightly flared and rounded, which makes it the ideal bat for you if you tend to place your bottom hand over the baseball bat knob. If you tend to have hamate bone problems, this bat’s for you.
- The handle has a medium diameter, so it should feel familiar because it’s so common.
- The barrel diameter is large, and that increases the likelihood of making contact with the ball.
- When you do make contact, you’ll get a great pop because of the professional quality of the hard gloss maple wood used for making the bat.
- The ProPACT Finish has compressed the wood so that the hitting surface is extremely hard and durable enough for Major League play.
- It even comes with a 45-day warranty.
This is a specialized bat for those who tend to have hamate bone issues.
You may have better Victus baseball bats to choose from if you’re also a heavy hitter who handles bats differently.
Victus V110 Grit Matte Maple Wood Baseball Bat
Very similar to the V110 I listed above but this one comes in three sizes and has a grit matte finish.
It’s considered a very balanced bat constructed of hard maple.
Why This Bat Company Matters
The acquisition emphasizes a philosophy of taking the POV of players above all other considerations. Marucci started out as a small startup that operated out of a backyard shed in Baton Rouge.
It was founded by a couple of former professional baseball players, who were then joined by their athletic trainer. They decided on making bats that players actually wanted to use because they performed well.
To maintain this emphasis on players’ needs, Marucci adopted the philosophy of having the pros make the decisions.
That’s why the majority of the owners of Marucci are Big Leaguers and why these pros make the operating decisions.
These aren’t just any Big Leaguer—they include luminaries like Buster Posey, Anthony Rizzo, Albert Pujols, Jose Bautista, and David Ortiz.
Innovation in Baseball Technology
Marucci is a disruptor in the baseball industry, as it has skyrocketed to fame in just a little over a decade.
That’s the kind of thinking that the Victus founders believe in too.
Both also pay an almost obsessive attention to the quality of the bat. That’s how Marucci became famous.
Every little thing about the bat was examined in great detail, and they made darn sure that they only used the best quality wood.
Then they tinkered with the design of the bats so that they would “feel right” in players’ hands. This is virtually the same blueprint that the Victus founders used to market their bats.
Victus bats are destined to be even better, because Marucci simply has more resources.
The merger provides even more samples of bat wood for Victus designers, and they have more equipment to test them out.
Also, there are more players who can advise on and test the Victus bats.
Now Victus can enjoy the greater reach of the Marucci sales machine. It is true people can just buy bats online.
But for many players, it’s still important to get a feel and handle of the bat first before buying. To do that, they need to find the bats in retail stores.
Now with the greater sales and marketing presence of Marucci, the Victus bats can enjoy greater visibility among amateur players.
The typical Victus bats review has always been hugely enamored of the high quality of these handcrafted bats. Now more people can find out for themselves just how good these bats really are.
Conclusion on These Sweet Victus Baseball Bats
With these bats, Victus shows us just how much they’ve obsessed in providing the highest quality bat for players.
These are pro-grade bats at very reasonable prices.