Rawlings baseball bats are manufactured by a company which has as deep a history as any American company.
It all started in 1887 by two brothers, Alfred and George Rawlings, who opened a sporting goods store in St. Louis.
They first started out making baseballs and gloves. Finally, in 1971 they started making bats.
In 2011, the company made 57 different models of bats created out of aluminum and graphite composite.
There is a lot of competition these days for bats with companies like Easton and DeMarini but Rawlings has kept it close and create some really popular baseball bats like the 5150 series of bats which I will tell you more about.
Enjoy these Rawlings baseball bats reviews and if you have any questions please leave a comment down below.
Everyone knows they make some of the best gloves but have you ever swung one of their bats? Read more to find out what others are saying.
Best Price On The Most Popular Rawlings
Find The Best Deal On This 5150 Baseball Bat
The bat pictured below is the Rawlings 5150 BBCOR baseball bat.
No products found.
Rawlings Alloy 5150 Features
This is the top one available
The 5150 BBCOR certified bat is the most popular stick they make. Look below for other Rawlings bats but for now check out the 5150.
This product comes with a ton of advantages and can be delivered to your door with free shipping.
- Barrel design utilizes proprietary metal forming techniques to optimize balance and trampoline.
- Aerospace grade 5150 alloy formulation provides unparalleled durability, even in the most extreme playing conditions.
- Ultra light weight Low Rider 105 mph endcap is designed for better control and more swing speed.
- Premium synthetic leather grip.
- High School/Collegiate BBCA -3 drop.
- Precision-Optimized Performance (pOp 2.0) Technology for maximum trampoline and barrel flex.
- Shipping weight is one pound.
Rawlings 5150 BBCOR
See The Promo Video For This Popular Bat
When you have college coaches raving about a particular bat then you’ve got to pay attention.
They’ve seen bats come and go over the years so for them to endorse one is big news.
Watch this video to see why they’re so excited about this Rawlings bat.
Yes, it’s for an older version of this bat but the spirit remains even for today’s 2022 version.
5150 BBCOR Reviews
Pros, Cons and Consumer Feedback
There are dozens of reviews for this Rawlings 5150 baseball bat on Amazon so let’s not waste any time!
Here’s a summary of what users had to say about the Rawlings 5150 BBCOR:
- Great bat. one of the best bbcors on the market.
- Ball flies off smooth, not top heavy, feels light, and just a great bat overall.
- Balanced, nice feel at the plate.
- Great balance, good pop to the bat.
- Best bat i’ve found for the money.
- Grip is comfortable, all around great bat.
- This was my son’s first BBCOR bat, and he loved it.
Most of the comments were really positive. I didn’t really notice any major bad comments.
There are over 15 overall positive customer comments with a rating of 4.9 stars out of 5! That’s almost perfect!
With a rating like that it’s no wonder the 5150 has been a mainstay in the baseball bat world for years.
More of the Best Rawlings Baseball Bats
You really can’t go wrong with any of these because Rawlings has been putting out some really good bats for a while.
As you saw from the video college coaches are really impressed with some of these.
Below you will find some of the newest 2022 models and you won’t be disappointed!
Have you ever used one of these bats? Please tell me about your experience by leaving a comment in the guestbook down below.
I’m really impressed with the 2022 Rawlings Velo BBCOR bat because it has such a high rating but a lower price point than bats in the same class.
I’m talking about the CF8 and Mako just to name a few.
One common theme among players is that they absolutely love the ping sound that comes when hitting the ball solid.
The trio three-piece bat is an interesting pick of mine. The end cap is composite, the barrel is alloy and the handle is composite.
That’s supposed to make the bat have a lighter than normal feel.
It costs a bit more than the Velo and 5150 though.
Take a look below and browse through these awesome Rawlings baseball bats.
- TOP TEE BALL BAT FOR ENTRY LEVEL PLAYERS to use with soft-core tee balls
- DESIGNED WITH THE PERFECT COMBINATION OF POWER AND CONTROL, the Raptor USA Baseball Tball Bat (-12) provides players with a larger sweet spot on a bat that is easy to swing
- IDEAL FOR YOUTH TBALL PLAYERS AGES 7 AND UNDER, this ultra-lightweight tball bat will help players make better contact with the ball
- FASTER SWING SPEEDS due to light bat drop weight
- CONSTRUCTED FROM A DURABLE, 1-PIECE ALLOY for consistent performance
- DESIGNED FOR YOUTH BATTERS | This 5150 USA Bat is made of highly responsive, aerospace-grade alloy
- ENHANCED POWER | Large 2 5/8" big barrel design helps players make contact and hit the ball farther
- EASY TO SWING | Ultra-lightweight bat construction creates faster swing speeds for young athletes
- SLEEK DESIGN | Black and electric blue design will help young players stand out on the field
- APPROVED FOR PLAY | All USA sanctioned leagues
- DESIGNED FOR YOUTH BATTERS | This 5150 USSSA Bat is made of highly responsive, aerospace-grade alloy
- ENHANCED POWER | Large 2 3/4" big barrel design helps players make contact and hit the ball farther
- EASY TO SWING | Featuring a Hyper-Lite Speed Cap to help youth hitters get the bat through the zone even quicker
- SLEEK DESIGN | Vibrant lime green and black design will help young players stand out on the field
- APPROVED FOR PLAY | All USSSA sanctioned leagues, coach pitch & machine pitch leagues
- [ACP] ACCELERATED CARBON PERFORMANCE yields the lightest swing weight possible | VELO ACP USA -10 features 2 inches of carbon composite giving your player an ultra light feel at the plate
- PRECISION LASER POP 2.0 - CNC Lasered groove through sweetspot proven to increase barrel flexibility for maximum trampoline effect
- REDESIGNED PROFILE provides a longer, flatter barrel and thinner handle for an unmatched balanced feel
- VIBRATION REDUCTION protects the hands of the player thanks to the urethane infused handle
- CERTIFICATION: Approved for use in all USA Baseball Sanctioned Leagues
- [QUATRO PRO MAX] EXTENDED INNER BARREL increases MOI and yields faster exit speed, resulting in maximum power at the plate
- 30% STIFFER HANDLE provides optimal feel and performance
- REDESIGNED COLLAR CONSTRUCTION creates a durable, locked connection joint and reduces vibration at point of contact
- LIZARD SKINS GRIP provides unmatched comfort and tack
- REMOVABLE BLAST MOTION SENSOR PORT allowing players to analyze their swing data and metrics to elevate their game | Blast Motion sensor sold separately |
- DESIGNED WITH RAWLINGS RENOWNED ACCELERATED CARBON PERFORMANCE (ACP) FOR A LIGHTER SWING WEIGHT, the Velo ACP BBCOR Baseball Bat (-3) features 2 inches of carbon composite and a redesigned profile for a longer, flatter barrel and thinner handle
- CREATED FOR BATTERS IN HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE, this bat is perfect for contact hitters at the top or bottom of the lineup with its 1-piece barrel design
- UPGRADED BARREL PROFILE WITH AN EXPANDED SWEET SPOT AND IMPROVED BALANCE/CONTROL due to the Precision Laser pOp 2.0 that creates a lasered groove through the sweet spot of the bat
- VIBRATION REDUCTION protects the hands of the player thanks to the urethane infused fibers for a smoother feel at contact
- ULTRA LIGHT SWING WEIGHT thanks to this bat's Ai909 alloy that offers thinner walls to the barrel of the baseball bat to maximize exit velocity of the baseball to enhance performance
Last update on 2023-03-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Rawlings Baseball Bats Reviews Conclusion
I also love the Velo for all the reasons listed above.
You can go either way and end up with a high quality bat that will net you a ton of great hits during the season.
They are about equal in price with the 5150 slightly lower in cost. I like the Velo blue color more though.
What do you think? After reading these Rawlings baseball bat reviews to you know which one will you go with?
I seriously wish I knew you when my daughter played softball. She was a stud. She quit because she got two horrible coaches two years in a row.
Rawlings is a great bat, so is Easton. We are partial to Easton, I’m not sure why, I would have to ask my husband…LOL You’ve laid out a lot of good reasons to purchase the Rawlings bat though, thank you, you’ve given me good reason to consider this brand of bat.
We keep an Easton by the front door. True story.
Baseball season is coming. We are moving to AZ just in time for Spring Training.